Old February 5th 05, 05:41 AM
Ed Light

"Ed Light" wrote
Added coolbits and its auto-speed test set 3d at 605/1.11 !!!
Well, I'll have to try that out to see if it holds up in testing.

No crashes. Made it through aquamark. But in 3dmark 03 it had some artifacts
in one mother nature scene. Just some green streaks. btw the directx 9 water
in there is something. It's like a lens through which you see the bottom of
the stream and as ripples in the water go by, so the lens changes the view.
The water isn't bouncing off the shore, though -- nit picky!

I suspect I won't have to lower it too much. 605/1.11 is pretty high.

I could use the dynamic overclocking feature in the msi nvidia drivers, but
it will do 10% maximum. That would be 550/990. Not so bad though.

Enough testing for tonight.

oh -- the Turbo Experience utility doesn't work. I think it's too old and is
on the cd by mistake.

The live update for bios, drivers, and utilities updated itself quite
nicely. It shut down the old one, uninstalled it, and installed a new one.
In offering my utilites, it didn't offer Turbo Experience.

The WMIinfo utility shows _alot_ of system info.

More after I install my msi tv card and then the entertainment bits
one-by-one. Maybe tomorrow.

I'm pretty cautious so I'm trying it all on a copy of C: first in case it
gets messed up. (Copy made with bootitng).

Read in the Trainz newsgroup that geforces work better in nforce boards --
the stuttering may be fixed (Trains stutters when there's too much detail).
I've got a KT880 socket A. Darn!
--
Ed Light

Smiley :-/