Old February 5th 05, 01:54 AM
Ed Light

"Ed Light" wrote

Benchmarks with 1gig pc 2700, mobile xp 2200+ 166x13 = 2150. (Keeping it
cool and quiet.)

13x166, like a 3000+ for 333.

Trainz has both opengl and directx. The ti4200 ran a tiny bit faster in
opengl, but the 6600GT is significantly faster in directx. You can't tell
until you get to a less detailed area where the cpu can feed it enough info.
to get a good framerate. (I'm always running user-made stuff that's
super-detailed).

I'm talking about 12fps in some areas -- same for MS Train Simulator, 3rd
party railroads. The Aoteoroa line in Trainz starts out at 9fps in the big
city.

I was so hoping I wouldn't need an A64. Well, they really overclock on the
nforce 3 ultra, so I could use the slowest cpu and make it a $450 cpu. I
hear Trainz is smooth on them.

--
Ed Light

Smiley :-/