Old September 10th 03, 12:01 PM
Ed Medlin

"Not Bob Dylan" wrote in message
Hi
Thanks for the replies.
I should have explained better.

I'm NOT able to boot into either OS in normal mode.
I CAN get into each via safe mode.

I tried re-installing the Nvidia drivers. I used the newest version
available. Still no go. I ran msconfig from within XP, and disabled
both "nvcpl" and "nvmctray" from booting. With both disabled I am
able to get into XP.

I will try overwriting the nvcpl.dll file suggested and see if that
helps.

I was watching a CNN video on RealPlayer when the computer originally
froze.
Thanks,
Dave

You might try uninstalling your Dets and use NFR from www.guru3d.com BEFORE
you reboot to get rid of the possible corrupt driver files. Then reinstall
them and see if that helps. You will have to do that in both OSs. nvmctray
is the Nvidia tray icon and I think that nvcpl is the loader for the driver
video settings if I remember correctly.

Ed