Old September 9th 03, 03:33 AM
Not Bob Dylan

Hi
Thanks for the replies.
I should have explained better.

I'm NOT able to boot into either OS in normal mode.
I CAN get into each via safe mode.

I tried re-installing the Nvidia drivers. I used the newest version
available. Still no go. I ran msconfig from within XP, and disabled
both "nvcpl" and "nvmctray" from booting. With both disabled I am
able to get into XP.

I will try overwriting the nvcpl.dll file suggested and see if that
helps.

I was watching a CNN video on RealPlayer when the computer originally
froze.
Thanks,
Dave

On Mon, 8 Sep 2003 19:48:30 +0100, "Morgan" wrote:

Why can't you boot into W2k - do you get the same error message....?
Or is it that NTLDR is missing or corrupt or whatever....?

Can you not get a working copy of nvcpl.dll and using a Dos boot disk
navigate to the system32 directory and put it in there over writing the
other one...? Might or might not work - can't understand though why both
OS's are not bootable - either as normal or in Safe mode.

There are plenty of returns when you Google.... repair dual boot XP

Might be an idea to look there.