Old February 25th 05, 08:18 PM
Dee

SteelRain wrote:
I just built my new system today and everything powers up fine, POST
is good, but WinXP goes to a blue screen and says HDD is
corrupt/configured wrong. I used the HDD from my old system as I had
just bought it 2 months ago. Any help is appreciated. here is my
build:

AMD 64 3000+ 939
Gigabyte GA-K8NF-9
MSE Vigor 500 PSU
2x512 PC3200
WD 120gig 7200rpm EIDE
XFX 6600GT PCIE
Sony 52x CDROM
Samsung DVD+-RW

I am using the WinXP that came with my Sony VIAO. I think that might
be the problem, don’t know for sure. When I tried to restore in the
new machine, it said can’t use this software for this computer. Do I
just need a clean WinXP package?

It sounds like that may be the problem, that the Sony installation has
been set to run only on Sony computers. Other companies often do the
same thing.