Old February 25th 05, 07:12 PM
philo

SteelRain wrote:
I just built my new system today and everything powers up fine, POST
is good, but WinXP goes to a blue screen and says HDD is
corrupt/configured wrong. I used the HDD from my old system as I had
just bought it 2 months ago. Any help is appreciated. here is my
build:

AMD 64 3000+ 939
Gigabyte GA-K8NF-9
MSE Vigor 500 PSU
2x512 PC3200
WD 120gig 7200rpm EIDE
XFX 6600GT PCIE
Sony 52x CDROM
Samsung DVD+-RW

I am using the WinXP that came with my Sony VIAO. I think that might
be the problem, don't know for sure. When I tried to restore in the
new machine, it said can't use this software for this computer. Do I
just need a clean WinXP package?

you cannot expect a drive from one machine to work in another...
nor can you use a restore cd from one machine on another...
you need to get a new xp cd and perform a clean install...
if there is data on the drive you need...
put it in your old machine and back it up

also...you can perform a new installation without formatting the drive
and retrieve your data from there...
but you should still back it up independently in case of a problem