Old April 15th 04, 12:10 AM
Pen

No. The instructions refer only to the new mobo.
Just tie back the 12V cable in a safe place.

"Frank Kirk" wrote in message

The following is taken from the installation instructions that came with

an
Intel D865GBF mainboard:

"Connect the 12 V processor core voltage power supply cable to the 2x2
connector and connect the main power cable to the 2x10 connector."

"CAUTION: Failure to use an ATX 12V power supply, or not connecting the

12 V
processor core voltage power supply connector to Desktop Board D865GBF/GLC

may
result in damage to the desktop board and/or power supply."

Will the power supply *really* be damaged by not connecting the 2x2

connector?
I'm still using my older motherboard for a while which doesn't have the

newer
2x2 connector.
And, it's difficult to find a newer power supply without it.

Thanks for any advice.

Frank Kirk