Old June 19th 04, 12:00 AM
luke

"shawn" wrote in message
"luke" wrote:

Okay, but are those settings the same? It may be that the new drive
defaults to the quiet setting which will make quite a difference in
how loud the drive sounds during access. If you haven't already you
should look on Maxtor's site for a utility to check/set the acoustic
settings and verify you are comparing two drives with the exact same
settings.

I check the Maxline using Amset using AMSET /check and it read

"acoutstic management on, current mode: performance"

I didn't even realise "performance" was an option? I thought it was just
off/fast/quiet?