Old January 15th 04, 02:21 AM
DaveL

I have an Abit ZM6 (very similar to the bh6) with a 1 gig Celeron. I have
found that it is a good match with a GF3. But you have a 1.5 gig P3. I
think you would get better results with the GF4 ti4200. BTW, what are you
running to get 1.5 gig? Slotket? I love that generation of Abit boards.

Dave

"John F" wrote in message
Which card is the best performance per dollar for my Abit BH6 v1.0 ? I
believe it has AGP1x/2x at 3.3volts and I'm running a P3 processor at
~1.5Ghz. I've learned from you guys that the card has to be able to do AGP
2x to match my
motherboard. This has to be a *budget* upgrade -I don't want to spend

cause
in a year or so I'm gonna have to upgrade the whole thing -motherboard &
video card, and then I'll spend.
Choices a
GeForce4 Ti4200 64Mb ~$60 on Ebay
GeForce3 ~$50 on Ebay
GeForce3 Ti200 ~$40 on Ebay (THis might be the best peformance/dollar?)
GeForce FX 5200 128Mb $55 on Pricewatch
(More?)
-AND of your choice, if you know, which brand goes down to 2x

AGP? -Thanks