Old January 1st 04, 08:01 PM
Dark Avenger

"Eric" wrote in message ...
Well I'm hoping to spend no more than roughly $200 (U.S.) or so on a video
card.
So I thought my options (for best performance) would pretty much be the 5700
Ultra (or the Radeon 9600 XT).

Am I wrong?

"Dark Avenger" wrote in message
om...
"Eric" wrote in message

Is it worth it to upgrade from a geforce3 ti200, to the Nvidia Geforce

FX
5700 Ultra?

Will I see much of a difference in games like Q3? I also want to be
prepared for doom3.

I have a P4 2.6 ghz processor, with 1 gb of DDR 400 mhz ram. Running

at
800 FSB on the Asus p4p800 motherboard.

Presently I get about 208 fps on the time demo of demo four on Quake 3
(version 1.32) -- at high quality settings (1024 x 768).

Will a 5700 Ultra be worth the upgrade, or should I wait until the next
generation is released.

Would some ATI card be better?

Mmm, maybe the 5900 XT or the Non Pro is better... though I have more
idea into the Non Pro.

Ati cards, well possible... but for that you has to ask in the ati
newsgroup.

You got a nice set up, I guess the FX5700 Ultra will be nice,

How Doom 3 runs.... untill doom 3 actually is out on the shells nobody
knows!

Good choice, both the FX5700 Ultra and the 9600XT are damn potent,
some alpha leaks of HL2 even hint that it probably plays very nice on
those cards!