Old December 31st 03, 07:59 PM
Welder63

Eric,
i`ve just took delivery of the MSI FX5700 Ultra today, and i`ve just
replaced my GeForce 3 TI500,
I can tell you the 5700 Ultra, rocks, I`m playing KOTOR, and i`ve upped
the details, and they look ace,
little things like lighting effects and stuff look much better, also
NeverWinter Nights look better too, the spell effects and stuff.
I think the 128 memory makes a difference too. The card installed easy and
so did the software.
Been checking out a few games that i play, like Morrowing, NHL, and
Prince of Persia is real ye candy
everything looks smoother, and ingame video clips look better too for some
reaso, especially in KOTOR.

good luck.
Sparky.
England.

"Eric" wrote in message
Is it worth it to upgrade from a geforce3 ti200, to the Nvidia Geforce

FX
5700 Ultra?

Will I see much of a difference in games like Q3? I also want to be
prepared for doom3.

I have a P4 2.6 ghz processor, with 1 gb of DDR 400 mhz ram. Running

at
800 FSB on the Asus p4p800 motherboard.

Presently I get about 208 fps on the time demo of demo four on Quake 3
(version 1.32) -- at high quality settings (1024 x 768).

Will a 5700 Ultra be worth the upgrade, or should I wait until the next
generation is released.

Would some ATI card be better?