Old December 31st 03, 07:35 PM
Eric

Well I'm hoping to spend no more than roughly $200 (U.S.) or so on a video
card.
So I thought my options (for best performance) would pretty much be the 5700
Ultra (or the Radeon 9600 XT).

Am I wrong?

"Dark Avenger" wrote in message
om...
"Eric" wrote in message

Is it worth it to upgrade from a geforce3 ti200, to the Nvidia Geforce

FX
5700 Ultra?

Will I see much of a difference in games like Q3? I also want to be
prepared for doom3.

I have a P4 2.6 ghz processor, with 1 gb of DDR 400 mhz ram. Running

at
800 FSB on the Asus p4p800 motherboard.

Presently I get about 208 fps on the time demo of demo four on Quake 3
(version 1.32) -- at high quality settings (1024 x 768).

Will a 5700 Ultra be worth the upgrade, or should I wait until the next
generation is released.

Would some ATI card be better?

Mmm, maybe the 5900 XT or the Non Pro is better... though I have more
idea into the Non Pro.

Ati cards, well possible... but for that you has to ask in the ati
newsgroup.

You got a nice set up, I guess the FX5700 Ultra will be nice,

How Doom 3 runs.... untill doom 3 actually is out on the shells nobody
knows!