Old February 7th 04, 01:28 PM
Dave C.

"Greg Lovern" wrote in message
om...
We had a power outage today, and my computer hasn't powered up since.
I didn't have a power surge protector for it (yes, my bad).

I searched this ng's archives, and it sounds like the power supply may
be shot, and that the easiest way to test (since I don't have a
multi-meter) would be to pick up a new power supply, and if it doesn't
fix the problem, just return the power supply.

Stupid question . . . have you turned off the power supply, left it turned
off for more than a minute, and then turned it back on using it's own
external power switch? (not the case power switch, the one on the power
supply)

I've got a Seasonic power supply that seemed to have died after a power
outage. The motherboard wouldn't turn the power supply on anymore. I had
to switch OFF the power supply itself, and that seemed to reset it somehow.
It's been fine for several months now after that incident. -Dave