Old April 28th 07, 11:40 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
JohnF

Default Lexmark Z65 with tray one light flashing

Friend's z65 printer just won't work.

The computer (WinXP) show the messaage "Can't communicate with printer...".
Even after removing and reinstalling the drivers.

USB cable is good.

Without even connecting to the computer, I expect the printer to permit
change of ink cartridges.

I turn on the printer, the carriage moves a few inches away from park and
then scoots right back. The "tray 1" light flashes steadily.

I open the front door, and the carriage remains parked rather than moving to
the center of the opening so I can reach the cartridges.

Any thoughts?