Old January 1st 04, 02:11 AM
Gray

"Ronald Cole" wrote in message
"jwoolley" writes:
I just installed a Saphire Radeon 9600XT in my system. I removed the old
drivers, and installed the latest Catalyst drivers from ATI's website. I

am
now experiencing problems with the graphics card as whenever I try to

play a
game the computer suddenly reboots itself. The games I have tried are

IGI2
(the computer reboots when the 'loading' progress bar gets to about half
way) and Counter-Strike (which I got by using the cd key that came

bundled
with the card) which doesn't get past the title screen before the

computer
reboots.

If i disable automatic rebooting, the blue screens tend to blame the

files
win32k.sys and ati2dvag.dll, and sometimes ati3duag.dll. The errors are
something like PAGE_FAULT_IN_UNPAGED_AREA and

IRQL_DRIVER_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.

I have tried the newest and some older VIA Hyperion drivers, but this

seems
to make no difference. My event viewer only tells me that hl.exe or

igi2.exe
crashed.

Underclocking the graphics card using Rage 3D seems to make the system

more
stable, with less blue screens, and games crash to the desktop rather

than
reboot my computer.

Had a nasty BSOD problem with a 9700Pro... Eventually the card failed
to the point that I couldn't boot into anything higher than VGA mode.
Replaced the card and everythings worked fine since.

I have the P4PE MB and the Radeon 9000 but, these are some of the same
errors I'm getting
since I updated my drivers! I've tried several different things, including
adding a fan that blows
right on the card. The only things I have changed on my system was a month
ago I swapped out a
CD Rom to a DVD/R/RW ran fine for almost a month till I updated my video
drivers! Now I constantly
get the ati2dvag.dll error and the others you mention. The system was rock
solid for the 8 months before
this update. If I may ask .. you said you replaced your card what card did
you replace it with? and is it
still working right? As I'm about out of ideas on other things to try, I'm
planning on just getting a different
card for now!