Old December 31st 03, 02:44 PM
jwoolley

Default Radeon 9600XT Rebooting my computer

Hi,

I just installed a Saphire Radeon 9600XT in my system. I removed the old
drivers, and installed the latest Catalyst drivers from ATI's website. I am
now experiencing problems with the graphics card as whenever I try to play a
game the computer suddenly reboots itself. The games I have tried are IGI2
(the computer reboots when the 'loading' progress bar gets to about half
way) and Counter-Strike (which I got by using the cd key that came bundled
with the card) which doesn't get past the title screen before the computer
reboots.

If i disable automatic rebooting, the blue screens tend to blame the files
win32k.sys and ati2dvag.dll, and sometimes ati3duag.dll. The errors are
something like PAGE_FAULT_IN_UNPAGED_AREA and IRQL_DRIVER_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.

I have tried the newest and some older VIA Hyperion drivers, but this seems
to make no difference. My event viewer only tells me that hl.exe or igi2.exe
crashed.

Underclocking the graphics card using Rage 3D seems to make the system more
stable, with less blue screens, and games crash to the desktop rather than
reboot my computer.

Thanks for any help!

Win XP Pro
512MB PC2700 RAM