Old July 4th 04, 04:16 AM
steven67@

Hugo wrote:

Hi my pc uses pc100 ram, i have 2 slots , that occupy 2 sticks of 64mb
totaling 128mb, recently i recieved a 128 mb of ram stick the only problem
its pc133, the 1st thing i tried is taking out all of the ram i have in my
pc and install only the new pc133 stick, it did not work, second thing i did
is leave on of the 64mb of ram pc100 in the slot , and in the remaining
slot insert the pc133 ram, did not recognize the pc133, and then i tried a
combination of swiching ram positions. Can some one tell me if this is even
possible, or should i just sell this pc133 of ram on ebay, thanks in
advance.

Hp pavilion 6835
128mb ram

..

How many chips are on this 128MB DIMM, and what are the part numbers on the
chips and DIMM?

Does this 128MB DIMM only have four chips? If so, they are 16Mx16(256Mbit)
chips. This system will not support 128MB DIMMs with only four chips.

This system uses an Intel 810 chipset. It supports memory chip densities up to
128Mbit. It will support 256MB DIMMs that use sixteen 16Mx8(128Mbit) chips. It
will support 128MB DIMMs with either eight 16Mx8 chips, or sixteen 8Mx8(64Mbit)
chips.