Old July 14th 04, 08:58 PM
Mike T

I have a FX5600 Ultra running DVI to my RCA DLP HDTV and I can choose
1920X1080 or 720X480. I know the RCA will not accept 720P resolution on the
DVI input so these must be the 2 settings that the TV will support. The
1920X1080 looks great, and the desktop is very readable except for the
overscan. I will be trying to make some changes to correct for the overscan
problems, got some info from the AVSforum.

Mike T

"Louis van Abeelen" wrote in message
Thank for your reply. (what brand did you buy ?)

Unfortunately the supported resolutions via analogue (i.e. CRT) don't say
much about what is supported via digital DVI out.

Without getting into detail it has to do with the bandwith of the

so-called
TMDS transmitter chip and/or the way resolution/refresh information is
detected by the driver.

I have read some reactions of 6800GT users that faced 1280x1024

limitations
on DVI out.

Any owners of the Albatron 6800gt ?
Anyone succesfully using widescreen and/or 1600x1024 resolutions via DVI

on
an 6800gt ?

regards,

Louis

"+c0re-" wrote in message
Not sure if this answers your question, but I have a 6800GT in my system
now, I'm running it on a CRT monitor. Here are a few of the higher
resolutions I can select in display properties:

1280 x 960

1360 x 768

1600 x 900

1600 x 1024

hope this helps, I've been incredibly pleased with this card since I got

it.

"Louis van Abeelen" wrote in message
Hi All,

I'm thinking about upgrading my ATI8500 to an Albatron Geforce 6800GT.

One thing that I am not certain about is widescreen support via DVI.

The reason I bought my current ATI was the fact that it could drive my
Silicon Graphics 1600sw flatpannel at it's native 1600x1024 resolution
(@60Hz)

Can anyone confirm if the 6800GT supports wide-screen resolutions up

1600x1024 ?

Thx,

Louis