Old September 8th 10, 11:36 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
First of One[_2_]

Default what was fastest AGP card?

HD3850 AGP. Much faster than the HD4650. Apparently you can still buy them
new for $210:
http://www.google.com/products/catal...CAcQ8wIwADgA#p

It is very picky with drivers, though. The latest drivers on AMD's web site
likely won't work. You will have the use the drivers from Visiontek:
http://www.visiontek.com/downloads.html

"Orson Cart" wrote in message

I have been given several workstations that are a few
years old. They are still quite useful (heaps of RAM, RAID SATA,
low-noise power supplies etc.) but have Radeon 9800XT AGP cards.
I have a scientific application in mind for them that requires fast
rendering on large screens (2560x1600).
What would be ATI's best of the AGP line?