Old April 17th 07, 05:08 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg
johns

Default MSI 8500GT ($99.99) and 8600GTS ($189.99) are up on ZipzoomFly @ 10PM Pacific Time 16 April.

These are dx10 cards ?? Meaning what ? I read that the 8800s
are also dx10, but not compatible with dx10 in Vista. nVidia
is not known for being honest about card ratings, or sales
"ploys", so you never know what you are getting until you
get it, and compare it yourself. The eVGA 7950 was reported
to be somewhat lesser of a card than the 7900 GTO. I have
both now, and the 7950 kicks the 7900s butt by 20% in
benchmarks. The eVGA 7950 KO is $219 at Mwave, and
the drivers are actually working for it. The 8800s are still
in the high $300s, and their drivers are crap. Benching the
7900GS in Vista shows that card to be very well behaved
.... at least in Vista. Games like Gothic 3 demo run great.

johns