Old August 3rd 03, 08:06 PM
Tony Houghton

In ,
Simon Finnigan wrote:

I`m running a barton 2500+ Athlon, and want to try and keep the noise down.
My case is a Thermaltake XSazer III, and has two fans blowing from outside
directly onto the CPU location, and a further two suckong air out from the
side of the CPU location. The noiseiest part of the system is the
heatsink/fan I`m using, so I was wondering if a Zalman flower would let me
overclock but still keep the system running happily?

There are better coolers than the Zalman. If you want to overclock and
be quiet then it probably is worth investing in something heavyweight
like the Thermalright someone else mentioned. But you'll need a
motherboard with mounting holes for it. If you don't have the mounting
holes, a Swiftech MCXC370 with a 60-80mm fan adaptor and good 80mm fan
is probably about the best, but an Arctic Cooling Copper Silent 2 TC is
probably almost as good, much cheaper, and saves swapping the fans.

If your existing heatsink's doing its job properly it should feel quite
hot if the CPU really is running as high as 60C - besides keeping the
CPU much cooler than that in the first place. Have you tried reseating
it?

--
Use Reply-To and DO NOT remove .nospam when replying