Old September 8th 03, 10:29 AM
CiRcUiT

Didn't work... Same as usual. Will POST but no xp. I'm just going to bite
the bullet and buy the matched pair next weekend. They better exchange this
cheap ass ram ($75/stick=$150 CND) for the matched pair ($240 CND) though.
They are pretty good about that sort of thing. I buy alot from them as I
build systems for family and friends and friends of theirs and etc... So
much for my adventures is dual channel for now.

"CiRcUiT" wrote in message
I haven't tried DIMM2 and DIMM3. I never thought to try it. D1 & D3 will
post but won't even load XP even with lower RAM timings. I'll try D2 & D3
and see. It would be better if I could find RAM that has been approved by
Aopen for the board but the brand of RAM they sell is "elixer" which

hasn't
been tested by Aopen.

This system got a little flakey today at 200x11 so I put the vcore to 1.65
and it seems stable again. Just ran 3Dmark2k3 and got 1711. 3Dmark2k1 is
12684.

"Ben Pope" wrote in message
CiRcUiT wrote:
I cheaped out and didn't buy the 2x256 in a matched kit thinking it
should work. My ram is made by "elixer" and is not listed in that
report.

Don't pay a premium for "Dual Channel Ram" or "Matched pairs", just buy

two
the same.

I purchased Corsair TwinX 'cos it was cheaper than 2 seperate modules.

Don't buy cheap ram either.

Have you tried slots 2 and 3? (where slot 1 is closest to CPU, slot 3

is
furthest)

Have you tried increasing the latency? Are you running in synch? (ram

at
100% of FSB speed)

Ben