Old October 13th 04, 12:45 PM
fish

I have been using Symantec's AV Corp edition for a few years.
I have run bench testes from Sandra for memory and CPU, 3D Marks with and
without it and there is never any differences in performance, ever. I don't
think that Symantec's AV is the culprit. I would agree that Norton System
works and all the other useless utilities could be.

"@ndrew" andrewratinternodedotondotnet wrote in message
First of One wrote:

You did completely disable the virus scanner (including any and all
background file I/O scanners), right? Norton AV is notorious for
gobbling up resources.

Agree entirely they should be horsewhipped for the way their programs
work. The only decent program of Norton's that I will use is Ghost.

regards

@ndrew