Old October 12th 04, 12:31 AM
Fitz

Default 9800 Pro and Aquamark 3 (huge performance hit)

I benchmarked my system using Aquamark 3, and found that performance had
degraded over 50% from when I originally built the system. Original score of
44000+ was down to 21000, same configuration. I installed the newest Omega
ATI drivers, and improved to 32000. The CPU score is down from 9900+ to
just over 4000.

Changes since first benchmark:
Installed DirectX 9c, Installed SP2, Upgraded to Norton AV 2005 from 2003.

System:
Gigabyte K8NNXP w/AMD64 3200+
1 GB Mushkin Level 1 PC3500
2X36GB SATA Raptor (RAID 0) and 1 IBM Deskstar ATA HD
ATI Radeon 9800 Pro
M-Audio Revolution 7.1
Plextor 708A CD/DVD RW
Crystal Fontz 634 LCD
7-in-1 card Reader

WinXP w/SP2

Any idea what may be causing the problem, or what to try to resolve it?

Thanks,
Fitz