Old May 4th 04, 04:47 PM
Simon Elliott

Kevin Lawton wrote:

Nice one, Raju, I wasn't aware of that. I am supposed to be sent bulletins
of updates but that didn't come through !
Judging by the spec, they seem to have to have altered just a few things for
the Rev 3 version of the GA-7VRXP. The sound chip has changed and, most
importantly, the FSB clock speed adjustment has changed from being an
on-board switch to being set in the BIOS. The limitatons still seem to be
the same , though, with a maximum 266 FSB (ie: 133 MHz clock) and only two
strips of DDR333 memory supported (but three of DDR266 or DDR200). The CPU
multiplier remains as on-board switches, too. I guess that this gives a bit
more scope for pushing the board past its design limits - overclocking - if
you really want to. I would still suggest that this is a good board for a
thoroughbred-core CPU, but if you want to get the best out of a barton core
then a different board would be more appropriate - the GA-7VAXP perhaps.
Kevin.

Kevin

Thanks for the useful information in this and previous posts. So good
I've saved extra copies for reference.

Having followed your trials and tribulations in this (and other
newsgroups) with installing W2K on a GA-7VRXP, did you ever resolve the
problem?

--

Simon Elliott