Old May 4th 04, 06:22 AM
Mike

| OK. So to conclude we have a FSB or system bus speed that runs on
| either 100 or 133 MHz which can be selected at the board with a
| switch. We have a memory bus that runs on 100, 133, or 166 MHz which
| can be selected through the BIOS. And we have a CPU clock speed that
| can be adjusted through the BIOS from 133 to at least 166 MHz. Am I
| right?

Correct on all points, except that you are making a distinction between the
processor clock and the FSB clock - they are the same thing ! That is why I
describe it as the 'CPU FSB' clock. And yes, it can be set to run at either
100 MHz or 133 MHz on a GA-7VRXP.

But as I was saying, you CAN set the CPU clock speed = FSB manually in the BIOS!
For sure! So we CAN adjust the FSB speed, right?

Mike