Old April 17th 04, 02:05 PM
Mike

As I understand correctly, the KT333 is just a KT266a with DDR333 support,
right? And that's why it will not support a 166MHz CPU clock. Alltough later
versions of the KT333 do support that.

But I read here that the CD will not support FSB333 and the CE will:
http://groups.google.nl/groups?hl=nl&lr=lang_en|lang_nl&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&newwindow=1&output=search&frame=right&th=d483a10 f6991934d&seekm=E_sQ8.46940%24s82.3743755%40news1. calgary.shaw.ca#link1
I am sorry if I sound stubborn, I am not trying to troll or so, but I am trying
to understand (Technicaly I'm quite a newbie...). Are you sure I have the
KT333CE? The Gigabyte site speaks only of a south bridge CE.

Thanks for your help,
Mike

"Homer J. Simpson" schreef in bericht
With this particular Gigabyte board, the KT333CE chipset is what Gigabyte
used. I haven't heard of anyone successfully maintaining a 166MHz CPU clock
on a GA-7VRXP Ver. 2. After a reboot it always reverts back to 133MHz.
There is no BIOS support, even in the last official BIOS version for this
board, that will enable the 1/5th divider required to maintain a 166MHz CPU
clock without it reverting back to 133MHz after a reboot.

The KT333CF chipset does support 333MHz FSB, but that doesn't help here.

"Nikolaos Tampakis" wrote in message
Mike wrote:
This board only supports 266MHz FSB CPU's (133MHz CPU Clock). That is

the
limitation of the VIA KT333 chipset.

Why is it then that VIA says it KT333 supports FBS333?
http://www.via.com.tw/en/apollo/KT333.jsp

And why does other boards with KT333 support FSB333? Am I missing

something
here?

TIA
Mike

As I commented in the other post,
http://www.via.com.tw/en/apollo/KT333.jsp is apparently not the whole
story. The whitepaper for KT333 does not list 333 MHz bus support.
Also, two Asus boards with the KT333, the A7V333 and the A7V333-X, are
listed with 266 and 333 MHz bus support respectively.
And the latter has a 'CF' designation for the KT333 chipset, so it's
rather obvious that (a) specific revision(s) of the KT333 add(s) the 333
MHz bus support.
VIA really ought to have mentioned this disparity between different
revisions in the page above.

Regards
Nikos