Old January 26th 10, 01:39 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
LuvrSmel

Default 65c+ temps at idle on celeron d 3.06GHz

not overclocked but the system was given to me as a junker because of
"overheating." The bios was reading 90+C and I could only read it for a
second before the system re-booted itself. So I replaced the fan and HS with
a copper core intel HS and the temps are now in the mid 60's as according to
CPUID HARDWARE MONITOR. Is this normal for this cpu or has it been damaged
from too much heat? It still runs as evidenced by this posting from this
machine