Old October 6th 03, 01:15 AM
JT

On Mon, 06 Oct 2003 00:07:07 +0100, Shepİ wrote:

On Sun, 5 Oct 2003 21:32:25 +0100, Knowing that it was a Hollywood
invention that lemmings jump off cliffs "Jane Tweedynn"
wrote :

Is this possible? Can some cards not work in some pc's? Surely if this

is
the case the manufacturer should state this?

If this is not possible, then the only thing i can change to make it work

is
the bios. I have no problem changing options, i can always do a restore.
Trouble is i don't know what to change.

Anyone with any ideas before i admit defeat and return the card.

Check the board maker's site for a BIOS update?

Thanks, just updated BIOS. Unfortunately i still have the same problem. It
just doesn't make any sense!

Unfortunately some cards don't work in some systems :/
I have an ECS board and you can't use any Netgear NICs on it IIRC

We have found 2 cards that will cause a K7S5A not to boot. One is the
Netgear NIC (FA 311 I think) and the other is a Lava PCI Parallel interface
card. Other network cards and parallel interface work fine, but we tried
several of each of the Netgear an Lava cards, same symptoms every time,
every revision, every BIOS. Just stopped fighting it, and used a different
model.

JT