Old December 12th 05, 04:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Default Monitor blank for 2-3 seconds when playing games

"Conor" wrote in message
In article , Vanguard says...
"eurest" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,
This has never happened before but recently, my computer screen turns
blank for 2 or 3 seconds whenever I'm playing games. This problem does
not occur when I am surfing the web or using Office. I've tried
reformatting my computer but the problem still persists. The problem
disappears if I am using a very low screen resolution, 640 X 800 which
is too low for gaming purposes.

Can anyone tell me a better solution? Is it a hardware problem or a
software problem?

Your CPU is getting too hot.

ROFL - what utter ****.

I didn't bother to check WHICH brand of CPU is in the OP's box. If it is an
Intel, the Intel CPUs will throttle themselves (i.e., severely slowdown)
rather than just stop like the AMD processors (the Intel will eventually
stop if it continues to get too hot). That means the user might be playing
a game and the game freezes which could result in seeing a black/blank
screen.

No go wipe your ass, troll.