Old December 12th 05, 02:49 AM posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Default Monitor blank for 2-3 seconds when playing games

"eurest" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,
This has never happened before but recently, my computer screen turns
blank for 2 or 3 seconds whenever I'm playing games. This problem does
not occur when I am surfing the web or using Office. I've tried
reformatting my computer but the problem still persists. The problem
disappears if I am using a very low screen resolution, 640 X 800 which
is too low for gaming purposes.

Can anyone tell me a better solution? Is it a hardware problem or a
software problem?

Your CPU is getting too hot. Check its temperature by playing the game and
exiting after playing a short while to use your mobo's temperature utility
(or reboot to look in the BIOS if it notes temperatures in there).

Could be your GPU (on your video card) is getting too hot. Is its fan
spinning?

Could be you overloaded your power supply so that it cannot provide the
juice needed when playing games.

Could be a driver problem. Have you downloaded the latest version from your
video card manufacturer's web site?

Could be the game you are playing. You never said if it happens in all
games (meaning you have more than one game) or it the problem exhibits
itself in just the one game.