Old February 22nd 04, 11:59 PM
NightSky 421

"NV55" wrote in message
om...
Bad news for ATI: Nvidia to 'own' ATI at CeBit / no pixel shader 3.0
support in R420

It looks like R420, while potentially up to 3 times faster(in PS 2.0
and VS 2.0 shaders) than R360, will not be PS 3.0 compliant. If NVIDIA
notches up similar PS 2.0 performance, ATI is in trouble.

If what you are saying turns out to be true, I'm still not particularly
concerned. I know that my current 9800 Pro card will carry me over nicely
until the second half of 2005. At that time, I'll see what video card
technology in general is like and how the driver and public relations
departments of both companies are behaving and base my upgrade decision on
those factors.