Old July 11th 03, 09:15 AM
John

Yeah, I know the feeling. I was forced to replace my
gainward golden sample gf3 that ran at 230/570, with a
fx5200,128 mb...believe me, it doesnt matter much if its a
128 or a 64 bit version, both of them suck!
Even when I overclocked the thing to 300 core and 600 mem, it was a lot
slower that my gf3 not overclocked....about 3/4 in preformance.
What the point of getting all the dx9 stuff, if the game runs
at 3 fps??? Anyway, I got a 9700 pro yesterday,and I am happy as hell! John
"Chimera" wrote in message
news
Bratboy wrote:
Buyer beware, apparently the only fx5200 by gainward that uses the 128

bit
mem path is the Golden Sample versions all others in the 5200's are

using
crappy 64 bit pathway which absolutly kills the card as far as ANY
performance at all. A company sent me a Gainward fx5200 (lite version)

replace a failing gf3 and it royally sux. Apparently Lite means lite on
performance. No where on the box do they even dare mention that it only

uses
a 64 bit bus. You have to go look at their site to learn that. Anyway an
some tests using both cards:

3DMark01 SE
1280x1024, 32 bit, 2xAA and 2xAF

Old GF3 - 2698, 2695, 2699
FX5200 - 1058, 1050, 1055

All in all so **** poor a performer I wouldnt even wish it on my worst
enemy. Really glad the company sent it to me free as if I'd paid even

$50
for it I'd be way more ****ed. As is I wrote to Gainward and am hopeing

they
have some sort of step up p[rogram to deal with this but know better

than
hold my breath that they will do anything.

Just Jess

Man, Id be on the phone giving them a serious WTF! They are either stingy
or stupid, and there is no way that an entry level GFFX 5200 is an
equivalent to a GF3.