Old May 29th 04, 06:04 PM
Dodgr Rereksin

My fix for this problem was to change the adaptec boot options, so both
Single Image Master and peripheral to boot both were using the same single A
channel. Previously one of the selections was B which apparently caused
inconsistent boots.

"Dodgr Rereksin" wrote in message
After more experimenting with the problem, I'm led to the conclusion that

is
is not SATA problem but something more like a Windows 2000 / SCSI problem.
The BSOD has been occuring when SATA is disabled. Before just recently,

it
did seem like a SATA problem by the number of times it occurred when SATA
was enabled and disabled.

In more experimenting, I've been holding shift/control down when the

Windows
2000 boot process goes into the username/password, which is apparently
preventing BSOD crashes.

"Dodgr Rereksin" wrote in message
My boot/system drive is SCSI and my multimedia drive is SATA. Most but

not
all the time when I start the system with the SATA setup in Auto mode, I

get
the blue screen of death immediately when my username and password are

being
checked. When I don't get the BSOD, personal settings load next, and

the
windows startup continues okay. My motherboard is GA-8KNXP Ultra. This

is
somewhat puzzling as I haven't found any workarounds. When I boot with

an
IDE drive with SATA setup in Auto mode, Windows startup goes normally
witihout BSODs. Anybody know why BSODs might be occurring with the SCSI
boot drive. The SCSI drive uses Windows 2000 and the IDE drive uses

Windows
XP.