Old October 24th 03, 03:41 PM
John Bissell

Not sure which mobo you are referring to. On my GA-7N400 Pro2, the front USB
connector has a row of 5 pins and a row of 4 pins inside a yellow connector.
The case has two sets of 4 connectors. I just oriented the "power" &
"ground" sections correctly (see the manual) and everything worked fine -
two USB ports operational. Neither the missing pin (on the 4-side) or the
pin opposite it (on the 5-side) is used.

--
John Bissell

"Howard" wrote in message
om...
I am having some trouble understanding the connections from my Lian Li
front USB ports to the motherboard. However, checking back on a
number of prior posts from this group has been very helpful and pretty
much explains the connections. I would just like to check with you
folks to make absolutely certain I understand one point.

The two ports on the case front each have cable coming from them...one
port has a cable with 4 connectors and one port a cable with 5
connectors. I was originally quite confused as to why the ports would
have different numbers of cables until I came to the conclusion that
these 9 connectors all attach to one Front USB 'Header' on the
motherboard and that the 2 ports in fact are attached in a way that
the motherboard'thinks' is just one port..ie the 2 ports are defined
as one front case USB connector. Is this correct?

Howard