Old October 24th 03, 12:59 PM
Howard

Default USB Case Connections

I am having some trouble understanding the connections from my Lian Li
front USB ports to the motherboard. However, checking back on a
number of prior posts from this group has been very helpful and pretty
much explains the connections. I would just like to check with you
folks to make absolutely certain I understand one point.

The two ports on the case front each have cable coming from them...one
port has a cable with 4 connectors and one port a cable with 5
connectors. I was originally quite confused as to why the ports would
have different numbers of cables until I came to the conclusion that
these 9 connectors all attach to one Front USB 'Header' on the
motherboard and that the 2 ports in fact are attached in a way that
the motherboard'thinks' is just one port..ie the 2 ports are defined
as one front case USB connector. Is this correct?

Howard