Old June 15th 18, 06:46 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Flasherly[_2_]

Default 2T SSD SATA - $250

On Thu, 14 Jun 2018 18:42:42 -0400, Paul
wrote:

SLC flash chips are still being made.
256Gbit = 32GB per chip

http://www.spectek.com/menus/flash_d...Type=SLC+256Gb

That means someone still uses them.

Paul

Of course - Foremost enterprise and military.

Engineering is to succumb to the Iron Fist of Moore's Law, that
dictates 30% cost reduction over an umbrella effect, whereby, next
year, planar and 3D NAND will indifferently achieve efficiency.

According to Mr. Guru of Objective Analysis ... yep, an investment
firm.

https://www.chipestimate.com/Memory-...ash/blogs/2899

Meanwhile ... back on terra firma with my EZRZ series, ran the new 2T
plattered drive's ser# by WD for validity, and I'm good for the 2020
warranty. 30-day no charge return shipping on mistakes and hardware
faults at a low-balled $60 price placement on the EZRZ. All that's
left is to reach over to the docking station, power it up for the
first and run a 3rd party format all the way across at FAT32.