Old July 1st 03, 02:10 PM
Fig

Sorry to bother you Wes but that url dont work for me & 2 other friends in
AU either

Fig

"Fig" wrote in message
Just off topic Wes, cant seem to view your web page/sig/link

Fig

"Wes Newell" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 30 Jun 2003 03:28:30 -0700, Clemens Arth wrote:

Hi!

I got a Mitac Clone MiNote 7321 Notebook from IPC Archtec running a
AthlonM 1200 MHz Processor. I worked through the AMD Technical
Specification Docs and the CPU-Support-Tables:

http://www.mitacservice.com/visitor_htm/cpu.asp

http://www.amd.com/us-en/assets/cont...s/Electrical_S
pecification_Rev03_ENG.pdf

IPC told me that's only possible to use Athlon XP Mobile CPUs capable
of running at FSB 200 MHz (Bios doesn't recognise 266FSB-CPUs) and
that's not possible to use CPUs 1800+ due to thermal problems. So I
don't believe everything I'm told (1500+ was the maximum possible told
a week ago) but what really confuses me is:

And Abit told me it wasn't possible to use XP cpu's in my old MB too.

See
sig line and link.

Is it possible to run a CPU designed to run at 266FSB to run at
200FSB? Is there a special package type I have to use? The original
datasheet of the Laptop is to be found at (please don't believe
everything!).

According to the tech docs, and (and verified by many) the FSB can range
from 50-200MHz (100-400FSB in marketing terms).

http://mitac.com/micweb/products/notebook/7321.html

Not found....

Please, can anyone give me some advice? At the moment prices for CPUs
are quite low and I don't want to miss the chance to upgrade the
notebook as far as possible (2200+ recommended)...

I would think any 35watt XP-M cpu would work but i don't know how your

NB
will handle the multipliers. You may have to manually change them. Many
ways to do this.