Old December 11th 03, 01:08 PM
Frustrated

Default Advice on new video card

I have a Voodoo 3500 TV video card. Unfortunately, it has only 16mb of
memory and I have several apps that will not run with this card.
(Plus, the company has gone out of business.)

I have a Gigabyte 71XE motherboard. The AGP slot will accept a 66/133
mhz video card. (3.3 volts.) I also have an Athlon 600Mhz processor.

I want to get the ATI Radeon 9200 card with 128mb of memory. Although
this card will run at 8x, it looks like it will also run at 2x (3.3
volts) on my system.

I have two questions.

1. Will this card work ok on my system?

2. Can I just disable the Voodoo card and install the Radeon? This
would be in case the Radeon doesn't work and I need to reinstall the
Voodoo. (The Voodoo was a real pain to install initially.)

Thanks!