Old November 15th 03, 05:00 AM
Phrederick

Right click the LAN icon, click the Configure button under the NIC, click
the Advanced tab and then look for "Managed Address" or "Network Address"
and enter a new MAC address.

.... you've just changed the MAC address that the network will see.

"Eric Gisin" wrote in message
Ethernet cards have a permanent address that cannot be changed. They also

have
a software address that can be set in the registry. Both can be queried by
IOCTL on NT4 and later.

If you find a way to change the permanent NIC address, you can also find a

way
to change disk serial numbers.

"@drian" wrote in message

| What's wrong with the NIC's MAC address?
|
| It can be changed by the User easily and is therefore neither Unique

nor
| secure.
|
| The MAC address? The MAC address is a fixed, unique number embedded in

the