Old September 19th 04, 04:16 PM
Buffalo

"BillyR"
[snip]
Then I set the Antec PSU's switch from 115 to 230, connected it to

the Neo2,
turned it on ... and everything was dead. When that happened, I

unplugged
the Antec immediately. I don't think I had it powered on at 230 for

more
than five seconds, but now when I try to power on the Neo2, even

with
the generic CompUSA PSU reconnected back to it, it stays dead. So I

guess I
fried it. (I thought the 115/230 selector was for the input power

only and
wouldn't have any affect on the PSU's output to the mobo.)

[snip]

I really don't think you fried it by switching it to 230v.
Reason being that the output voltages should be about 1/2 of what they
would be at 115v, I believe.
Now if your power at the wall was 230v and you had the PSU switch at
115v, then I believe you would have fried it instantly.
Make sure , as others suggested. that your wall outlet is properly
grounded and that your power cord to your PC is not damaged and that
is its carrying a good ground.
Taking the MB out of the case to see if it is being grounded by a
screw or other item is also a good idea.
Buffalo