Old September 19th 04, 07:27 AM
Inglo

On 9/18/2004 7:38 PM BillyR brightened our day with:

I built a system a couple of months ago with an MSI 865PE Neo2-FIS2R
motherboard and an Antec TrueBlue 480W PSU.

How well is everything grounded, is there a possibility something is
shorting the motherboard somewhere inside the case?
When this kind of stuff happens take everything, I mean everything that
unscrews easily (don't take the PSU apart), apart and check that there's
nothing connected wrong.

8 months of weird strange glitchy problems with an MSI board and an
Antec PSU, when I got a new case 4 months ago I discovered a leftover
(from an older motherboard) metal stand-off between the mobo and the old
case. Since its been in the new case with no extraneous crap, zero
problems.

--
Lo, brethren, within the doom 3/base folder there is but one folder structure.
That is the way it has always been, is now and ever shall be.

Steve ¤ģIngloĢ¤
www.inglostadt.com