Old October 7th 03, 01:36 AM
Wayne Youngman

Default NF7-S: When running 220MHz-FSB USB Mouse doesn't work sometimes! :)

Hi,

just a bit of feedback. I encountered my first niggle with my new system.
About once a fortnight when I boot the PC my new MS-intellimouse doesn't
work. If I do an immediate restart all is well. I guess this is a side
effect of running a above spec FSB. I still didn't around to mounting a
heatsink on my Southbridge, but I suspect heat isn't a problem as the
machine is just booted when the problem begins (so Southbridge is fairly
cool).

SATA is working well as is the SoundStorm audio which are both Southbridge I
believe. I still don't have any fire stuff to test that yet. . .

Anyway no big deal, just thought I would share my observations.
--
Wayne ][

Barton (AQXEA) XP2500+ @ 2.2GHz (10x220) - 1.75vCore
CoolerMaster Aero 7 Lite - 3,200rpm
ABIT NF7-S (v2.0 - BIOS#14)
512MB Dual TwiSTER PC3500 @ DDR440 1:1 (8,3,3,2.0 - 2.8v)
Sapphire Atlantis 9800 - 3.3ns Samsung
240GB (2x120GB) WD-SE SATA RAID-0 (16k Stripe)
Antec SX630II Mini-Tower Case Inc 300w PSU
WinXP-PRO-SP1
Cat 3.7 - DX9.0b