Old June 29th 15, 11:03 PM posted to alt.audio,alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,sci.electronics.design
Skybuck Flying[_4_]

Default Creative Labs X-Fi Elite Pro Soundblaster 7.1 stops working after recent windows 7 update.

Actually I like to mention something else which happened to today.

The trouble and messing around with updates started for two reasons:

1. First of all tunngle could not finalize anymore... and even more weird:

Disabling the network adapter did not seem to work... the "re-enable" would
not show.

The I disabled the internet connection, but it also did not show
"re-enable".

So I decided to reboot.

I can't remember if this was before or after the updates.

But it might be related to these updates as well.

Not sure... but I thought I'd mention it in case somebody else is noticing
problems with disabling network adapters.

It was kinda odd.

Perhaps this issue would have shown up in future more... but for now I am
de-installing these updates.

To see what the effect of that is on my system and sound and so forth.

2. Security concerns... been a while since I installed updates... just these
8 were waiting though... and some other ones unwanted.

Bye,
Skybuck.