Old June 29th 15, 10:46 PM posted to alt.audio,alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,sci.electronics.design
Skybuck Flying[_4_]

Default Creative Labs X-Fi Elite Pro Soundblaster 7.1 stops working after recent windows 7 update.

"
SNIP
You should check that that OLD soundblaster 7.1 is actually supported by
WIN7. A lot of old stuff isn't worth the effort of writing new drivers,
i.e. my HP1010 laser printer
"

Also I wouldn't call it "OLD" if I were you !

It's still one of the best soundblasters out there... and one of the only
few that does 7.1 great ! Plus great software !

Even Creative Labs does not seem to have a newer product which can match
it's class and feature set.

As far as I am concerned X-Fi Elite Pro Soundblaster 7.1 is still
state-of-the-art / feature-complete !

I am looking for a new soundblaster for my new system.

If you believe there is anything better out there that can out-match and
out-class this soundblaster, in 7.1 capabilities and software feature-set
let me know !

It should be an internal card though... not the weird external things
creative labs is selling nowadays... and definetly 7.1 !

Bye,
Skybuck.