Old July 1st 03, 08:16 AM
michael

It's a 5423US.It's one of a series of Pentium 4 models with ddr memory that
Compaq produced using a motherboard and psu of their own design that has
totally different connections from the standard ATX.
"Ed_" wrote in message
In article , "michael" says...

Michael, you sound like a man who knows what he is talking about but I

have to
ask.........what is the model number of the Presario? I have a 7ap195 and

upgraded my Compaq PS to an Allied 350W last year, no problems with the
connector or functionality. I also had a 235W, at least Compaq tried to

call it
one.

I know what a pain the Presarios can be with proptietory parts and Compaq
charges a small fortune to replace or upgrade them. I'm not questioing

you, I'm
just curious.

Ed