Old February 26th 09, 06:43 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Skybuck Flying[_2_]

Default *** 3 out of 5 stars for the Sea Battle part of this game !!! *** =D

This game has the coolest sea battle ever !

I just turned up the bass on the soundblaster and the surround sound set...

(During loading... there was a bit of crackling because of sound driver
issue's but I think only during the loading... maybe sometime I will try
with 2GB of ram that usually solves any crackling issue's.)

Anyway the sound in this game is ****ing awesome !

I had these big battles ships.... and they went like:

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM... in that sequence lol... and then some
more BOOM BOOM BOOM.

It's the perfect game to blow away your neighbours if you want to...

The first few rounds I play with lower sound settings etc..

But then I wanted one last game where I cranked up the sound to experience
the though battle as it must have been

I also zoomed into the ships... because then I can hear the firing much
louder and better... and then it's really cool to hear the ships fire !
Almost like a first person view !...

I think this game would even be cooler in first person view... like you are
really on the ship trying to command your crew !

But ok sometimes zooming out is handy to see what the frag is going on
with the other ships but that should not really be too much of my
responsibility but ok... so that was totally cool/awesome...

I don't care so much for the land battles... that was just boring and
slowish.

Personally I think this game should fully focus on the sea battles because
they got something great going on there !

This game should be an inspiration for anybody wanting to do a really good
see battle/pirates/adventure/fps game with the feel of monkey island/1880
feeling too it or so ! =D

The sea battles is LITERALLY A BLAST ! =D I LOVE IT =D

Kinda funny that I live in an appartment today I shook this whole building
quite GOOD LOL.

Yeah... carnaval people making sound, neighbours making sound, neighbours
dog making sound... WELL TODAY I MADE A HELL OF A LOT OF SOUND LOL... and it
blew my mind ! LOL.

OH well to bad I can't do it that often but ok.... I shouldn't it might blew
my ear out or something LOL.

Man what a thrill !

Anyway I have some bad news as well.

The loading in this game runs like a dog !...

I have seen C64 games load faster than this game...

However the screenshots during the loading are awesome ! And their beauty
continue to amaze me !

The ships feel kinda authentic however I hope to see many many many more
ship designs in the future !

I also wanna see some really fast/speedy small ships.. with just a few guns
to do drive by shooting lol

I am glad I played this game... it gave me a blast... but I would probably
never buy it until the loading is fixed because that just sux ! :P*

Yeah the makers of this game need some good testers/programmers and a whole
lot of bug searching me thinks ?!

To competitors I say: "They got something going on here !"

Copy it, improve it... add nice story to it... add some first person view to
it... and you got yourself a winner ! =D OH YEAH !

The extra sounds which I hear when I zoomed in are kinda nice and add a nice
touch... like hearing the sails in the wind.. during the start of the battle
ofcourse when you getting close to each other and then the boom boom boom
starts yeah baby ! =D

Also the bell of fire... and then the fire itself... sometimes a captain
saying something...

A little bit... just a little bit more of drama might be nice... like: "oh
****" or "damn I got hit" or "AAHHHH"

or "Ohhhhh" or "Hang in their mateys" or... "**** them *******s" lol... or
"Hold.... Hold... Aim... FIRE (the cannons) FIRE FIRE FIRE ! yeah ! =D BOOM
"

And maybe some panic when things go bad: "We gonna die ?!"

Or when in the sea: "Help me " "Help me " "Get me in you *******s !"

"NOOOOO Don't leave me you *******s !"

Or drop rescue pods/sloops... "Oh thank you for saving me "

Or fight from rescue pods/sloops etc.

Or "Hold on we coming to get ya" LOL.

Or now ****ing way we in the middles of a bttle screw you ! =D

"Reloading !"

"Still reloading hang on !"

"DONE !!!"

"CANNNONS READY ! =D"

"Enemy ship on our side !"

"Ohohoh enemy ship turning towards us !"

"OOOHH ****T THE BITCHES GONNA RAM US ?!"

"Evade !!!"

"Oh **** 1"

"Brace for impact !"

BBBOOOOMMM

GOD DAMN !

Fight !!!!!

Swing swing,, gunpowder guns boom boom take that you ******* !

BOOM YEAH ! =D

Oh well this game could have been so much better ! LOL

Something to look out to for the future or so ! =D

Bye,
Skybuck.