Old February 26th 09, 12:20 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Skybuck Flying[_2_]

Default Empire Total War Demo not working on Windows XP x64 Pro ?

Hello,

Yesterday 40% of Empire Total War demo was downloaded, then I stopped it and
went to bed.

Today the remaining 60% of Empire Total War demo was downloaded.

Then the game was installed.

However when I started it... I see this black screen with white text on
it... with some logo's and such link bink video and some legal stuff and
such and then nothing.

The mouse cursor changes from golden cursor to windows's white cursor and
back again.

Apperently something in the game's intro is causing an exception/error...

Anybody else having problems with this demo ?

I was lucky enough just to get it to terminate...

(I could try a reboot... but not gonna do that... I'll try starting demo
tomorrow one more time)

Bye,
Skybuck.