Old December 28th 07, 01:57 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Augustus

Default Video Cards with Vista

"Nefrit" wrote in message

I am running Vista Ultimate and my score for my pc was a 2.6 and it is
coming from my gaming graphics. I'm looking for a new card to upgrade
and I'm confused on the whole bus thing. I wanted to know if a PCIe
card fits in a PCI slot, because I think thats what my computer has. I
didn't know if it was an upgraded type of card or a whole new type of
bus and card.
If PCIe won't work what PCI card is recommended for running on vista my
current video card is a NVIDIA GeForce FX 5500?

The fastest PCI card available is the Diamond X1550 Pro 128bit 256Mb card...
it's actually capable of some real 3D capability with modern games at
moderate resolutions. The Diamond is a 128bit card. None of the other PCI
offerings come close to this one in terms of gaming perfromance.

There's a couple of other brands of X1550's out there that are 64bit you
want to avoid.