Old August 6th 07, 11:20 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Andi Cole

Default 162.18 and STALKER

"Mr.E Solved!" wrote in message
. ..
Conor wrote:
In article , Andi Cole says...
The Beta version was fine taking stalker into three figure frame rates,
so I though I'll try the WHQL version, wham! 3fps. It doesn't seem to
affect other games in the same way. GTR2 for instance seems ok.

NEw version out, 163.11

He's using XP pro, Forceware 163.11 is Vista only!

He needs to go back to the BETA 162.18. I agree, the WHQL version is borky
somehow. I'm not sure how. It is intermittent. Zero issues with 162.18b!

Yes, that's what I've done and all seems fine again, stalker is peaking at
well over 100fps, bring on Crysis, Doh! that means Vista, possibly ;-)

Thanks for the replies.

Andi.